Monday, January 21, 2008

Light in the Forest                     - Anna

We live in the forest. One day a huge cold front approached and the clouds were so dark and grey. It was really windy and trees were falling down. A disaster! We had to scramble to get out of the way of falling branches and gum trees. Some people died in the process. People were screaming. We just kept running.


Suddenly there was calm, like the eye of the storm. There was bright sunlight in the sky. It was so dazzling that it was hard to see through the tree tops.


Then the storm started up again. The wind was blowing fiercely, but we were better prepared to dodge the falling trees as we were looking out for them more. I could tell which angle they would fall and knew the best path to get out of their way.


As this second storm was raging, I saw a beam of light again through the trees. I had to shield my eyes. As I peaked through my fingers, I could see the bright light was from an alien ship.


Looking around at everyone else, I could see that if they looked into the light, they would then become an alien. The aliens were taking people to increase their population on earth. They said we didn’t have to look at the light if we didn’t want to, but both us and them knew that gradually everyone would become one of them. In the end, there would be only aliens.

No comments:

Post a Comment